- Analyze Legionella in bulk and surface samples by the gold standard, culture.
- Analysis includes total viable Legionella count and determination as Legionella pneumophila serogroup 1, Legionella pneumophila serogroup 2-14, or Legionella non-pneumophila species.
- A total viable bacteria count is included to assess bio-fouling in cooling towers. In addition, a direct fluorescent antibody (DFA) count of both viable and non-viable Legionella is provided as an additional indication of overall biocide control and effectiveness.
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa counts are provided from decorative fountain and whirlpool/spa samples at no additional cost.
- All Legionella reports include Ph.D. interpretations and recommendations based on sample location. Individual sample sites are assigned a risk for Legionnaires Disease.
- Analyze fungi from air, surface, and bulk samples.
- Identify fungal spores by culture to a genus level. Common Aspergillus colonies are identified to species level. Counts for yeasts are also provided.
- Fungal air direct exam (spore trap analysis) includes spore counts, spore identification to genus level or characterization of non-specified spore groups such as Basidiospores, Ascospores, etc., and a sample debris rating. 100% of the sample is analyzed unless spore counts must be estimated due to high levels of debris and/or spores.
- Fungal surface direct exam (tape lift analysis) includes spore identification, detection quantity, and debris rating.
- Analyze bacteria from air, surface, and bulk samples.
- Identify bacterial isolates to genus and species.
- Pathogen Environmental Monitoring (PEM) available (e.g. MRSA, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Acinetobacter, Salmonella, Listeria, etc.).
- Rapid endotoxin testing (e.g. hemodialysis, water and water systems, filter industry, and final product not requiring FDA-licensed LAL).
Microbial Corrosion Screen
- Monitor bacteria causing corrosion, clogging, biofilm formation, and increased hygiene risk in various manufacturing, industrial, and commercial settings.
- Monitor the presence and level of activity of acid producing, iron related, sulfate reducing, nitrifying, denitrifying, and slime forming bacteria before these bacteria become detrimental to your facility’s operations.
Sewage Monitoring Screen
- Screening for presence/absence of E.coli and Enterococci in environmental water and surface (swab) samples. Note: Testing is intended only as a sewage monitoring screen after a sewage backup or flooding in a building. Results may not be used to certify or interpret approval for potable drinking water use in a facility.
Cleanroom Assessment USP 797
- Determine if the microbial bio-burden (bacteria and fungi) in a facility is acceptable or unacceptable, based on established ISO Class limits and FDA Action levels established by “USP 797 Pharmaceutical Compounding – Sterile Preparations” guidelines.
- Comply with 797 guidelines for corrective actions by identifying isolated bacteria and fungi.
Laboratory services are available for setting up special projects for specific bacterial or fungal challenges or investigations, including those for FDA approval. Examples include examining microbial activities of cleaning and disinfecting products, evaluation of equipment performance, or environmental monitoring of remediation projects in homes and facilities such as hospitals or commercial buildings.